Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dead

My blog died.

Why? Well you could say it was a combination of extreme excitement and disappointment.
The excitement?... The Secret Saturdays. The most amazing show ever to come into my life so far, and look at me, I'm at loss for words and can't even write what it means to me.
If you haven't seen this rare beauty, check it out on Cartoon Network.

Disappointment? Few months ago it was Halloween. I was finally all geared up for it again this year. To the point where I wore my costume all day... or at least a good 12 hours - which is near torture in a half face prosthetic, but hey it made me happy. Yes, I re-tooled ( to add some features form the movie version) and re-used the "Two-Face" costume I made and wore to the midnight showing of "The Dark Knight" during my streak of insomnia and morality induced insanity (<- br="" do="" for="" half="" i="" life="" my="" something="" to="" ve="" wanted="">So what was the problem?

Well... is it just me... or are holidays... dead? Was no one feeling Halloween this year? What is it? The spirit felt like is fled. No one cared and there were hardly any costumes.
At one point we started to get annoyed with the no costumes and started to ask why to which one idiot of a mother with older kids replied that "were in a recession" blah blah blah... Well excuse me if you're so damn cheap. If that's your excuse, should I even be out here giving out candy? If I didn't, then what? I'm sure you'd call me cheap just like the other 75% of houses not giving out candy. We spend a good amount of money each Halloween to candy to give out... you can afford a costume and get in the spirit of things. You could put on a plaid sheet and call yourself a drunken ghost and I'd be more than happy. And wow, that cost you what... a couple dollars?

I've never been object giving older Trick-or-Treaters their Halloween bounty, but atleast put some effort into it!
You know... I was so disappointed this past year, I actually did a bit of ToT myself! I don't care how old I am, these few good people who still give out candy deserve better, and I'm sure I had the best costume in the neighborhood. Though I wish I planned ahead earlier. I wasn't doing it for the candy, but needed a reason to go ringing doorbells and scaring the bejesus outta people with my half disfigured face. Instead I should have made a bunch of small "I believe in Harvey Dent" pins (thank you Dark Knight), and just gone to doors handing them out. And I tell you, if I ever go Two-Face again, I will totally do that!

1 comment:

JAY942942 said...

Denying them is stupid. Putting a tiny bit of rattlesnake venom on their candy is a better idea. At least they won't come back next year.